What do roadrunners, turquoise, and T-Rexes have in common? They are all native to the beautiful state of New Mexico, the Land of Enchantment! You can be, too: become a New Mexico surgical technologist today! Use the list below to help find a school to start you on the path to your new career. With campuses all across the state from Albuquerque to Santa Fe, you’re sure to find a school near you. Choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs to find the learning experience that works best for you.
As a New Mexico surgical technologist, you will:
- Prepare the operating room and surgical equipment
- Ready the patient by washing, shaving, and disinfecting incision sites
- Supply the surgeons with the instruments and other sterile supplies necessary
- Transfer patients to and from the operating room
Some career figures for surgical technologist professionals in New Mexico:
- Average annual salary: $35,050
- Currently employed: 480
- Employment outlook: 25%
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
New Mexico Surgical Technologist Schools Enrolling Now
Unfortunately there are no schools currently enrolling in this area.
Please check again later, or click here to broaden your search.